Skip to content
I’m not 40. Yet.
Before I get there, I’ve got some stuff to do.
Here’s my list of 40 things to do before I turn the big four-ohhhhh:
Eat a donut from Gourdough’s. If you know me at all, you know I start any list with something I can cross off. I ate there today!
- Hike at least 25 miles of the Continental Divide in Glacier National Park
- Do a solo weekend backpacking hike (at least 1 overnight)
Write a book (What the hell, why not, right!?!) It was an ebook, but that counts, right?
- Travel the US in an Airstream interviewing strangers for my blog
Be a part of a Flash Mob Hooray! Thanks to brother Luke for inviting me. Pics or it didn’t happen? Here you go!
Learn to speak conversational Spanish
- Meditate for at least 15 minutes every day for a month
- Fire a handgun
- Win a Halloween costume contest
- Play laser tag
See a live taping of Austin City Limits TWICE! Beck and Ed Sheeran…not together of course, although that would be interesting.
Travel to Costa Rica – I get extra credit for this one since I MOVED there for five months!
Join (or start) a Book Club
Attend a Meetup
Host a dinner party
Complete a Century (100 mile bike ride)
Ride a horse
- Learn to snowboard
- Attend a yoga retreat
- See the New England fall foliage
- Visit the Museum of Modern Art
Take a writing course
- Unplug completely from the internet every weekend for a month
- Visit Portland, OR
- Donate blood
Take a cooking class
- Invent something
- Participate in a 10 day Vipassana meditation retreat
- Attend a live TED talk
See a Broadway play (hopefully Book of Mormon) I am possibly the only person on the planet who didn’t love this show.
- Get a tattoo on my foot
Get to 40 WITHOUT taking a Zumba class
- Sleep in a treehouse
Take an art class
- Visit San Fransisco
- Do a Random Act of Kindness every day for a month
Have a cup of coffee with someone famous